It was a bittersweet farewell. I had been talking about it for a while but was too afraid to say good-bye to my little rockstar. So one night, at dinner, Brady just said, "Nanno, let's go cut your hair." That's all it took. They shut the door on me and I had to wait patiently while my little boy became a little man. I wish I had the video camera set up so I could go back and watch the transformation. Brady told me that when Tanner first saw it he said, "I look like Ayden and Jack!" (As I'm writing this, he really does look like Ayden. He's wearing my dish cloth as a cape. Soon he'll be wearing underwear on his head. We love you, Ayden.) It's amazing what a hair cut can do for a person. He's a totally different kid. I think he feels like a normal boy. Although, sometimes he says, "I miss my big hair." Maybe I'll just start over and let this cut grow out. :)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW
It was a bittersweet farewell. I had been talking about it for a while but was too afraid to say good-bye to my little rockstar. So one night, at dinner, Brady just said, "Nanno, let's go cut your hair." That's all it took. They shut the door on me and I had to wait patiently while my little boy became a little man. I wish I had the video camera set up so I could go back and watch the transformation. Brady told me that when Tanner first saw it he said, "I look like Ayden and Jack!" (As I'm writing this, he really does look like Ayden. He's wearing my dish cloth as a cape. Soon he'll be wearing underwear on his head. We love you, Ayden.) It's amazing what a hair cut can do for a person. He's a totally different kid. I think he feels like a normal boy. Although, sometimes he says, "I miss my big hair." Maybe I'll just start over and let this cut grow out. :)
Posted by paulson family at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's one extreme haircut, but I love it!!! Tanner, you are soooooo handsome! I love you guys!
He looked so cute with the long hair though! I wish I could let Jake's grow out. It's the in between stage between the long and the short that I can't handle. Audrey is growning out her bangs and I want to attack her bangs with scissors every time I see her. But he looks great short or long. So handsome! It was great talking to you the other day! Post some pics of the new house! We miss you! Love, Natalie
What a handsome young man sporting his new missionary cut!
Post a Comment